Sunday, June 9, 2013

Katie's Senior Pics

I have known Katie since she was in her momma's belly. We haven't always kept in touch, but she has grown into a beautiful, fun-loving young woman who happens to have Down's Syndrome. She has not let her extra chromosome keep her from doing the things she loves to do. If you ever get to spend time with her, she will have you laughing or singing country music or both. I know it was hard for her parents to raise a child with Down Syndrome, but it's even harder when you're teenagers. I have so much respect for her parents than they even know. Not everyone can deal with or take care of the issues that arise when you have a child with a disability, but they have. Against all the odds, they have raised her and now she is a senior in high school. Katie has reached and exceeded many obstacles that were set before her. She could only achieve those things with the love and support of her family. I'm glad, no I'm honored they asked me to document this special time in Katie's life and I hope you can get a little glimpse into the wonderful young woman she has grown up to be.

No comments: